Friday, May 10, 2013

Significant event

The most significant event that happened to me was when both of my grandfathers’ almost died during the same week. It was sophomore year, and it was the week we were playing Reynoldsburg in football. My mom came and got me from school and told me that both of my grandfathers were in the hospital. My grandfather on my dad’s side of the family has diabetes, and he ate something that he wasn’t supposed to eat and he got really sick. He was suffering from liver failure while on the way to the hospital. My grandfather on my mom’s side had a stroke while at work. The doctor said he was in good health but it was his heavy use of alcohol when he was younger what caused it. Both of the doctors said that there was a slim chance of them making it. That week alone was the hardest thing I’ve ever been through.This happening showed me that you can’t take life for granted, and what you do now can harm you in your future. It also reminded me that I have to take care of my body, and to not do harmful things to it.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! What a hard way to learn such an important lesson.

    ReplyDelete